Search This Blog

Translate

Printer

This is something random.

About basic troubleshooting printers.

Well, at least I am currently not one of those who urgently need one right now, only for it  to break down on me -- which is sometimes quite the meme.

Hm.


At any rate, there isn't a lot of tech savvy enough people around my mom's workplace. I'm the closest convenient thing they got so...


I was asked to fix a printer.

Because it prints off color.


So I did cleaned the nozzles out via printer maintenance options from the computer.

First test print -- diagnosed that magenta doesn't print. Checked the ink case; there's still plenty of ink.

After cleaning once, which takes about  3 minutes each -- on print test, nothing.

Second clean, print test -- nothing.

Third -- no change.

Sixth -- ah, there's a smidge of magenta.

So I went on and on and on... I skipped several cleans right after since it'll be a waste of ink and paper.

Thankfully there are plenty of scraps of wrongly printed papers to test print with. Else I wasted much more...


Initially, and sometimes instinctively, I thought one just have to do this once or twice until it's done.

That stupid instinct is always wrong.


I wonder if it's because I'm impatient or something stupider like those... 'Fancyisms'. I'll tell another day and post what that means but for now...


Until for about the 20th time it was cleaned, magenta starts to, well, half way print on test print.

25th clean, 8th print test -- it's alright now.


For now.


























On the 6th clean and 5th test print...