Search This Blog

Translate

No Bake Cakes

There's no oven in my household. It's too expensive.

But I like cake and many sorts of pastries.

This household is always under equipped. Sure, this house got a blender, a stove, your typical house fridge and a rice cooker... But that's it.

As a kid, I like to experiment certain mix and match of flavors.

Especially involving chocolate...

But I'm also picky. I don't include a LOT of flavors.

Which includes mangoes... And mangoes usually goes well with cold served graham crackers. But I don't like mango flavors in anything.

Before it went popular, I've been doing some sort of crash course version of this recipe.

Except instead of with whim cream and condensed milk, it could be with chocolate.

Crushed bits of whatever cracker or cookies as a part of ingredient? Anyone could just imagine that, no recipes needed.

Yep. If only I had a picture of the oreos version of this cake. Or snack. Whatever.

It's a good go-to DIY on occasion since starting from scratch can be so difficult and expensive.

... Really, I tried to make bread with the cooking pan. Sure I did OK, but it was so bland... 

And that I kept messing up with the flour and water ratio that it's always, always goes out sticky. Never had a firm batter that I can actually shape.

As much as I wish to be a baker, I don't have a lot of opportunity to practice. So I make do with the only stuff I have available.

Whenever I get lucky with my money, I usually just look at a list -- same recipe but different brands in each attempt. See which is more flavorful or just favorable.

It's sort of how I've been testing how I mix my coffee. Which is another story and another post, but that's just how I roll sometimes.

Sure -- I could just bug the neighbors or my aunt or something to get me ingredients and use an oven; but nah, that only happens once in a blue moon.

Once this household had an oven toaster. It only has a timer, no temperature indicator whatsoever. 

So it's hard to gauge outside whatever guide was available. And we don't have a thermometer for cooking.

Brought it so we can toast our bread. I like toasted bread.

It's also good if the spread gets heated sometimes. I also just like my bread crispier.

Except, my stomach doesn't do well with certain foods. At random. It's annoying, really.

And so the over toasted became something that is rare of use. The poor maintenance of it doesn't help. The stupid pests do not help.

It's somehow enough for baking pre-mixed stuff from the groceries. Even made one of those 2-3 ingredient brownies.

Now we don't have the over toaster. It's a cheap oven toaster. Maybe if I get lucky with the money again.

I would like an actual oven for baking and for doing certain recipes someday, that is, if I can master baking and able to get my hands on keto alternatives.

But how am I able to master that without an oven to practice with??? 

Practice with the stove since, well, since it's 'fire' so why the heck not?? Practice with the same old oven toaster with a temperature on hand?? Bug whoever have the tools and ingredients every month?? Go to a baking school without the money??

Am I supposed to get a talent that can create cakes out of an open grill or something?

Yeah. It's possible. I just need a thermometer on whatever.


For now, I don't exactly have the energy to try. I hate the extreme weathers. And I live in the tropics.

Too hot makes me sweat and sweat makes me uncomfortable. Too cold? I'm not sure, but my body hates the cold.

I will be needing more than just a boost of  estrogen.


Also I'm not sure if I can do ice cream cake. I like ice cream cake. Especially if it's oreos. I only had it once.

Still...

... No fruits allowed in my baking recipes.